Manipulatives are referred to those tangible objects that help in classification, multiplication and calculation of mathematical tasks. Equations, fractions and patterns make the most of mathematics so they are also solved by manipulatives. The common manipulatives that are used in the classrooms are attribute blocks, geometric shapes, unifix cubes, fraction bars and counting cubes. The everyday items can also be taken as manipulatives such as buttons, marbles, bingo chips, beans, dice so on and so forth. Not only these, there are virtual manipulatives as well and they can found in countless varieties like pictures, puzzles and games. The process includes engaging colors and sounds to create game out of math. So the concept of manipulatives allows students to keep their interests alive.
Benefits of manipulatives
The proponents of using manipulatives in the classrooms believe that they allow students to actively and effectively construct their own understanding of math. The following points can tell more about use of manipulatives:
- With the help of manipulatives, students are able to explore, develop and discuss as to how the ideas and concepts of math are applied.
- They make math concepts more interesting and engaging.
- Computers are also manupulatives that are widely in the classrooms now.
- There are countless manipulatives in the form of online resources and are easily incorporated in the classrooms
- They encourage active learning
- They encourage group participation in different learning activities
- They help in counting, sorting and organizing
- Integer bars, grid papers, 3D geometrical shapes are aiding to the younger students to a great extent.
Manipulatives certainly have numerous advantages for the students to learn and know things from a different perspective. However, some educational experts as well as our assignment help UK experts believe that manipulatives may prevent them from learning abstract learning skills.
Inclusive education is the process of bringing all the students in one classroom even if they have varied individual strengths and weaknesses in any area in general as well as in particular. It provides equal opportunities to all the students belonging to any community for their academic and social achievement. The process also makes sure that each and every student should be welcomed regardless of their unique needs and learning styles as well as fully attended to and valued eventually maximizing their full potential. It begins with developing and designing the schools, classrooms, programs and activities so that all the students are going to learn and participate at the same time.
Researchers, education experts and other proponents of inclusive education underline certain benefits of the latter as follows:
- It helps in developing and enhancing individual strengths with appropriate expectations.
- It allows working on personal goals on the one hand while participating in different activities with other students on the other.
- It allows involving the parents of the students in their education.
- It promotes the culture of respect and belonging
- It provides the platform where the students learn to accept the individual differences.
- It discourages harassment and bullying
- It allows students to develop friendship with other students having different needs and abilities.
- It has a positive effect on both school and community
- It allows students to live in peace and harmony
Inclusive education as explained by our assignment help UK experts,is often mistaken as main-streaming of the education that requires the students with special needs be placed in general education settings. However, unlike inclusive education, main-streaming in this case does not construe well to have a positive impact on learning. Teachers of inclusive education, moreover, are to vary their teaching styles in order to meet diverse learning styles.
Teaching with the help of technology is a new and effective methodology now a day in schools and colleges around the world. However, it is a matter of debate as to what extent should be used and which are the best tools utilized for student learning. Technology, in its fundamental form, may be defined as advancement in the means of usage of tools for solving problems, achieving goals as well as satisfying needs. So if technology can be used in every field in order to get work done then why not in education? Argue some expert educators. They further add that in addition to traditional equipment, technology can include presentation software, high-tech tablets, video conferencing and virtual classrooms.
How technology is going to help students?
- The collaboration tools used online greatly help students and teachers to share documents, texts, images and ideas in digital format.
- The use of presentation software has already enabled various professionals. So teachers can also utilize them to embed high-resolution images, diagrams, video screen shots and lecture content.
- Tablets are very helpful to link computers and projectors so that teachers and professors can effectively communicate with the students.
- Canvas is one of the widely known course management tools that help teachers to organize every single resource such as syllabi, assignments, quizzes etc. it promotes discussion, document, video and audio sharing.
- Smartphones are today highly mechanized, educative and productive devices in the world of education. There are hundreds of educational applications that are highly useful as far teaching is concerned and they only work on smartphone platforms. Instructors are now using them to their fullest and students are greatly benefitting in the process.
- Tools like Panoto are also helping the teachers to record lectures from computers and posting them to be reviewed by the students at their own pace.
For more information regarding education and technology, keep reading the top quality blogs of our assignment help experts.
The rise and evolution of civilizations in the ancient world also gave rise to the need for transmission of knowledge and information. Gradually accumulating, recording and preserving the experiences and knowledge became very complex. So, in this way the need of writing was aroused. The firsthand everyday experiences were then needed to be recorded and to teach these skills of writing and reading, a dedicated place was invented – called school. Then came teachers, scribes and priests. The ancient Egyptians and Babylonians introduced the methods of learning and memorization. Greeks on the other hand, were the firsts to introduce science and philosophy. They represented world phenomena with the help of their mythological gods. Finally ancient Indus valley Civilization and Chinese Civilization contributed in the fields of medicines, mathematics, astrology and spirituality.
During the middle ages, when Byzantine Empire was taking its last breadth in Europe, there was an educational crisis, which appeared by the creation of a void when the monarchy began to end there. A desperate need of knowledge and education in the European society allowed an intense surge or wave of intellectuality. This intellectual revolution is called Renaissance and it paved a way for modernizing the society with the help of wealth of knowledge that came with it. During this period, the scientific, social, intellectual, spiritual and literary enrichment of the people started taking place. This period saw many great personalities who immensely contributed to the society with their exceptional intelligence as well as human values. Leonardo-da-Vinci, Isaac Newton and Galileo Galilee were one among those people.
The modern education was effectively started after Industrial revolution took place in early 19th century England. This period was a great scientific wave that swept “Europe and America” (West). Important scientific discoveries and inventions were taking place extensively. This era saw a marked improvement in means of transportation as well as ways of propagating information. Now, with the advent of internet, Nano technology, smart phones and space age technology – next generation education has knocked on our door.
for further information related to education and other issues, please follow the blogs of our assignment writing help experts.