Inclusive education is the process of bringing all the students in one classroom even if they have varied individual strengths and weaknesses in any area in general as well as in particular. It provides equal opportunities to all the students belonging to any community for their academic and social achievement. The process also makes sure that each and every student should be welcomed regardless of their unique needs and learning styles as well as fully attended to and valued eventually maximizing their full potential. It begins with developing and designing the schools, classrooms, programs and activities so that all the students are going to learn and participate at the same time.
Researchers, education experts and other proponents of inclusive education underline certain benefits of the latter as follows:
- It helps in developing and enhancing individual strengths with appropriate expectations.
- It allows working on personal goals on the one hand while participating in different activities with other students on the other.
- It allows involving the parents of the students in their education.
- It promotes the culture of respect and belonging
- It provides the platform where the students learn to accept the individual differences.
- It discourages harassment and bullying
- It allows students to develop friendship with other students having different needs and abilities.
- It has a positive effect on both school and community
- It allows students to live in peace and harmony
Inclusive education as explained by our assignment help UK experts,is often mistaken as main-streaming of the education that requires the students with special needs be placed in general education settings. However, unlike inclusive education, main-streaming in this case does not construe well to have a positive impact on learning. Teachers of inclusive education, moreover, are to vary their teaching styles in order to meet diverse learning styles.
137 total views, 7 views today